Friday, November 14, 2008

The Training Table

Well, I had my first day of work at Training Table. It wasn't too bad, but my feet are a little sore. They said I will start out busing tables and washing dishes. I don't mind doing that. It is so easy! I don't even have to think while I'm working. Just pick up crap off table, wash table, and clean dishes. Piece of cake. But in a couple weeks they said they want to train me to do counter and cashiering. As much as I LOVE cleaning ketchup off tables and rinsing food off plates, I can't wait to start at the counter. You have to start somewhere...

So today I was rinsing fry sauce (ketchup and mayonnaise) out of a cup and it sprayed back at me...it got ALL over. I was covered in ketchup and mayo! That was absolutely disgusting, but I survived. I will never turn the water on at full blast again.

Oh...I also picked up two more shifts this week (that means more money)! I have a two hour break (which I've used an hour of) then I go back to work. So I'm washing my disgusting clothes and will be returning there to work 6-10pm. Joy.....:/

Happy Operating Room Nurse day and Young Readers day!

2 comments:

Shoebox Princess said...

One thing you learn washing tables and dishes: People are messy.

TaterBean said...

VERY MESSY! I'm never that disgusting...how come other people are? they spill ketchup all over the table and they don't use their napkin to wipe it up...ewww