Sunday, November 9, 2008

First Post...Gone shootin'

I am very new to this blogging thing. I just one day decided...what the heck?...everybody who is anybody has one...so here goes...



Yesterday I went shooting with my uncle Art (well...my dad's uncle) and cousin Thomas. It was supposed to be a youth activity for their ward but only a couple people showed up. Well I wasn't sure how many people were gonna be there and got nervous (I'm not good at meeting new people) so I invited my friend Taggart to come along. (He is currently a student at BYU in Provo.) So we met at Art's house and drove up to around Farmington, UT to a shooting range. I got to shoot a couple different guns...it was my first time. Art tried to teach me all about each of the guns/rifles/whatever he had but I, unfortunately, do not remember what kind each gun was. So...I'll just tell you that I shot a handgun, and pretty black gun with a scope, and some sort of rifle type thing. He did say that one of them was about 100 years old, and some were used, or were the exact same kind of gun used, in the Vietnam War. I was really super nervous about the recoil, but it wasn't too bad on any of them. I'm not bruised or anything. ;) I spent about 3-4 hours shooting and watching other people shoot. I think I even hit a couple of the targets, it was a blast!
Here's a picture of Art and Taggart playing with bullets...

And Thomas aiming the "pretty black gun with a scope"...
Here's a video Art took of me using the handgun...and he just couldn't resist mentioning Sen. Obama...he's really into politics...
Now, I'm just chillin' at home. My goal this week was to clean my room and car...goal achieved! ;)
That's all for now!

3 comments:

Shoebox Princess said...

video still doesn't work.

But nice to see some pictures of you. And no buying any guns. And say hi to Uncle Art and his fam for us.

TaterBean said...

I'm not gonna buy a gun...If people could just get along...nobody would need guns. ;) But they are kinda fun to shoot. I'll just keep the disfunctional video up there...it kinda works as a picture...

Shoebox Princess said...

Yay the video worked! I saw you shoot the gun!

Oh, I got an appropriate word verification for this blog--shortme. Heehee!