Thursday, November 27, 2008

My Happy Thanksgiving

Last night I went over to my friend Karisa's dad's house to watch movies all night. It was a blast. We ate hot dogs and ribs and we took silly pictures. I love hanging out with Karisa! But some kid across the street ruined my fun last night. It was dark, but he should have at least looked behind him before he backed his car out of his driveway. Well he didn't, and my car paid the price. The window shattered and there is a good size dent on the side of my driver's side door. Lovely...

Here are some of the pictures of the car that night. Unfortunately I didn't get a picture while the shattered window was still in place. There was shattered window all over the front seat of my car and on the street.
The cops came and did a police report and gave the kid a ticket for unsafe driving too. So that kept me up until almost midnight. So it was too late to tape up the window so we decided to deal with it in the morning. Well, it decided to rain all last night...so I got out to my car the next morning to patch up the window and there was a puddle of rain on the driver's seat. A great way to start off Thanksgiving...

Here's a better picture of my car in the daylight. One without the plastic over the non-existent window and one with the plastic...


I have to thank Karisa's dad for the wonderful plastic window job. It actually doesn't look as bad as I pictured a patched up window to look like. So I'm very grateful that he was able to do such a great job and to help me as much as he did last night and this morning. The only problem is that the plastic kinda flaps in the wind, so driving down the freeway was LOUD! But I survived.

Well, afterward I went to my bishop's house with my friend Jessica and had thanksgiving lunch/dinner there. The bishop was so nice to invite us over to eat with his family. I had a lot of fun. We ate and played games. We played Clue and Cranium (the kids beat the parents in Cranium...we were pretty proud of ourselves).

Then around 6 pm the Wright family came over to the house. So I got to visit with them for a little bit. They didn't stay for too long, but at least I got to see everyone.

Today I am grateful for...my cell phone (so I can talk to my family back home)...insurance (so I don't have to pay for my car or my hospital visit for my hand)...friends (who try and help me to always think on the bright side)...the temple (where I know I can go and find peace when I need it)...and the piano (I got to play it for the first time in a while today, it made me happy).

Happy Thanksgiving Day and Happy Pins and Needles Day!

5 comments:

Shoebox Princess said...

Good list of things to be thankful for.

Another thing to be thankful for: the mail because hopefully early next week you'll get your flight itinerary and information about your visit to MN.

My word verification was "cosines." Math, anyone?

Shoebox Princess said...

Hangman is addicting...

Jenni said...

Apparently your life has been easy until now and the Lord decided you needed some adversity just to shake it up a bit. You are doing great. Those first holidays away from home are interesting. I'll contact Alden's and you can go up there sometime at Christmas. You'd have a blast and a beautiful piano to play. They might make you sing!!

TaterBean said...

lol. I remember the Aldens. Where do they live?
Yeah, I think that is what the Lord was thinking..."Yeah...Katie's life just isn't interesting enough..."

Shoebox Princess said...

I think Aldens live in Park City. You'd have fun! Their oldest is a year younger or so than you, I think.