Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Lots went on this past week...

Ok, well last week on Thursday my friend Lauren and her husband Rodney came down to Utah for a day. They are currently living in Washington and I hardly get to see Lauren, but I got to make it to their wedding the beginning of October. That was a BLAST! Anyway...I hung out with Lauren, Rodney, and Rodney's cousin Chad. We went out to eat and saw a movie. Then we went to a Red Box and got the Spiderwick Chronicles movie.

Here is the happy couple...He already wants out of the relationship...hehe. They are so funny!


Here is my oldest friend and me, we took baths together and shared toys while we were in diapers! We're so close we swear we're sisters! Not the best picture...it was dark. I'm so glad they were able to come down to Utah and visit. When they move to Rexburg and go to BYUI I plan on visiting them every once in a while. I will have even more of a reason to go. Next semester I will have 4 friends up there that I've promised to come visit eventually. :)
Then on Friday night, I went the Stitt's house for dinner and games. Sister Stitt used to live in MN, and her family's basement is where I spent my time for 4 years from 6-6:45 in the morning for Seminary. Although...I was almost always late. But seminary was fun. ;) Anyway, they made potatoes, ribs, jello, brownies, and rice crispy stuff. It was AMAZING! A ton of people from MN where there. It was like a seminary reunion, plus some. After dinner, we took a tour of their house. It is huge!!!! Their front door looked like a castle door....and their neighbors looked like they had a moat. The Stitt's parents live in the basement which is like as big as my house. I wish I had gotten pictures of this house...but I will next time.
After dinner and the tour we played games. We played a game like Catch Phrase, but we made up names for it...so we played a homemade "Name Catch Phrase." I kept getting Sesame Street names and couldn't remember what the show was called...so it was hard for me to describe them. Then Ben, Taggart, Rhiannon, Brother Stitt, and I went and played a strategy game...Carcassonne. It was so confusing. Brother Stitt killed us in that game. It was a great night.

Saturday, I went to see Twilight. It wasn't my favorite movie, but I liked it! I am definitely a fan of Rob Pattinson. ;)
My Singles Ward it AWESOME! I'm making friends and getting into the activities too. We had FHE last night and after the lesson we had a pie eating contest. I got some pictures of the last round. It was so funny...Alan on the front left, Brother Martin with him mouth wide open, and Scott is the one in the back with wipped cream all over his mouth.




Scott won all the pie contests that he was in. I actually participated in the pudding pie eating contest. Me and Karisa Nielsen teamed up...but we didn't win. :( It was hard for me to swallow all that pudding. I'm not a fan of pudding...or pie.


And at that activity...I had an accident. I fell over and Scott fell over on me and my pinky finger got smashed. I went to the hospital to make sure it wasn't broken. It wasn't, THANK GOODNESS! But it was really swollen and hurt like crazy, so they splinted it up. It's hard to type with one less finger. :(


Happy National Parfait Day!!!

3 comments:

Shoebox Princess said...

a purple splint! Your favorite color! Did you have a choice of colors?

I ought to send you some of the pictures of you and Lauren. I don't have many, but I do have the one of you two in the tub. I'm glad you are taking pictures of some of your adventures.

Hope your finger gets better soon.

Jenni said...

It is so fun to see our little Katie off and being semi-grown-up. All on her own!! I have all my letters that I sent my mom when I was at BYU and they are mostly embarrassing but fun to read. I even mention Travis like my first week out there. He was "a guy from Minnesota." Twins won the World Series that year and so we became friends!! Have a great time. We are thinking of you!!

TaterBean said...

yes...i had a choice of purple blue or green...;)

yes! i would love the picture of me and lauren...i would even post it too!

lol "a guy from MN?" that's funny!