Thursday, November 13, 2008

I start tomorrow...


I finally got my food handler's card, and a schedule from Training Table. I'm only working 9.5 hours this week...but that's OK. I'm not super excited to work there, but I need the money right now. I work from 11:30am to 4:00pm tomorrow. It should be interesting...I've never worked in a food place before. (Except the occasional shift at the Metrodome.) I'm not quite sure what work I will be doing there. They just kind of hired me on the spot and didn't really tell me what they were looking for, and well...I forgot to ask. It's a weird restaurant. You look at the menu and when you decide what you want you pick up the phone that is at the booth and place your order. When the food is ready the phone rings and you go pick it up and pay for it. It is simple, but strange. Their gaucamole bacon burger is delicious!!!! ;) I even get 50% off, but I don't even have the money for even that...so I'll just tough it out. Their food is pretty darn good though!
Happy National Indian Pudding Day, Sadie Hawkins Day, and World Kindness Day!

3 comments:

Jenni said...

Congrats on your new job. The food business kept me in dollars many-a-day. It works. I did the whole BYU Cougareat thing for a while. Then at home during the summer I worked in a bakery in the morning (6-2) and then at night at a restaurant. I was the shake maker - that is all I did. It paid for school but none else. The nice thing about BYU, when I did catering, I got a meal. I was always thankful for that. Poor and hungry. You'll be fine. We're proud of you. So many kids here just live at home and do nothing. They are too scared to leave. So, a pat on the back for going it on your own. THe few times I went to the Training Table (my roommates parents paid - otherwise I wouldn't have gone - couldn't afford it) I thought it was yummy.

Dennis said...

Congratulations on the new job. If you are still looking for more emoployment you could check out some of the school bus companies and apply for a job as a driver aide for special ed kids. Since you have experience in that area it might be beneficial. Plus you get school holidays off.

Love, Grandpa

TaterBean said...

Thank you both! I just got back from work...I like it. It keeps me busy. And I think their food is pretty dang good...well I've really only had one thing on the menu...a gacomole bacon burger...very good.